THIS WAS SO INCREDIBLY TASTY!
I’m a bit obsessed with all things Pineapple! Maybe because last summer Pineapples were ‘on trend’ and I’m just trying to reclaim that tiny piece of sun and sunshine that we had last year. Maybe, just maybe, Pineapples are just wholly symbolic of all that is juicy and sunny and lovely… maybe both, Pineapples ROCK!
“In the Caribbean, Europe and North America, the pineapple became associated with the return of ships from extended voyages, and an emblem of welcome and hospitality that made its way into contemporary art.
In the television show Psych, the writers have included a pineapple in every episode as a running joke, and there is a website dedicated to compiling a list of every pineapple.
During the Chinese New Year, the pineapple represents wealth, luck, excellent fortune and gambling luck.” – Wiki
- A Pineapple
- Red onion
- King Prawns
- Chicken Breast
- Coconut Oil
- Manuka Honey
- Small Chilli Pepper
- Black Pepper
- Cashew Nuts
- Black Pepper
- All Purpose Seasoning
- Mixed Herbs
- Kabab Sticks
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°.
- Prep your pineapple by chopping the leafy head off and putting it to one side, then chop your pineapple in half.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to a pan and fry your onions. Once brown ad your chicken and seasoning (Manuka Honey, Black Pepper, All Purpose Seasoning, Mixed Herbs & Paprika). Fry together on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add King Prawns and Small chopped Chilli Pepper and stir in. (For an added fiery flavour, add the pepper seeds!).
- Hollow out your two Pineapple halves and chop the flesh into chunks.
- Take your Mixture and add a handful of Cashew Nuts along with the Pineapple chunks.
- Now fill your Pineapples with the yummy goodness!
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Carefully cut the Pineapples leafy head in half and skewer with your Kabab stick.
- Stick the other end into your baked Pineapple and Serve!