Being fond of cocktails in the past. The healthy me was definitely intrigued by the notion of a mocktail. With all the warm weather we’ve had I had the urge to create a refreshing Pinã Colada. It didn’t disappoint & was so simple to make.
Cocktails rose in popularity during the 1980s. Those who do not drink found themselves in a situation where, other drinks in comparison of cocktail are generic non-alcoholic beverages. Because of the demand for more visually and aesthetic appealing beverage than normal soft drinks, the concept known as “Mocktails” was born. Mocktails, an abbreviation for “mock cocktails”, are festive, non-alcoholic party drinks. The word “mock” implying a facade of the alcoholic cocktail without any of the alcoholic content. In last few years it has become so popular that it even finds its place in the cocktail menu on many restaurant and bars. Mocktails can be described as a smooth blend of only non-alcoholic beverages, which could be fresh fruit juices, syrups, cream, herbs and spices- wiki
Pina colada Mocktail
- 1 big banana
- 1/2 a pineapple
- 1 scoop vanilla complete powder
- Coconut milk
- Strawberries, Blueberries, Chia seeds & dried goji berries to garnish
- Prep your fruit, peel the banana, wash and peel the pineapple. Chop them into bite size pieces, pop them into a freezer bag & leave them for 2-3 hours until they are solid
- Put all the frozen fruit into a food processor. Add 1 scoop of vanilla complete powder, a splash of coconut milk & blitz until smooth then set it aside
- Wash the strawberries & blueberries. Get your finest cocktail glass and pour in your mocktail mixture, top it with strawberries, blueberries, chia seeds & goji berries.
- Find a comfy spot & enjoy
Michelle is a mother of two who believes in honest parenting. She has a creative background in fashion, which has led her to a career in the jewellery industry buying & marketing. Follow her story on Instagram.
*All thoughts and opinions remain the authors own and do not necessarily reflect the sentiments of Sareta Fontaine.