Seeing as though we were craving Pizza and Ziggy can’t have cheese, I thought we may as well just make our own. Admittedly, I can’t remember the last time I cooked with these two, so I was actually impressed with their efforts! Dairy free Pizza… they were yummy!
As you may or may not know, my little Ziggy is dairy intolerant. After the dreaded switch from breast to cows milk, we dealt with a plethora of tummy upsets which lasted an entire week. It took that long to get it out of his system. After many, many slips (who knew some Prawn Crackers are made with cows milk?!?!?) we realised that milk was the culprit. Want to know more? Take a look at the awesomely amazing Life with My Little Duck’s Blog- I wrote a little something about Ziggy’s story during Allergy Awareness Week (2017).
Dairy Free Pizza (base included)
Ingredients – 2 Pizzas
- 250g Strong White Bread Flour
- 2 Pinches Of Salt
- One Teaspoon of Dairy Free Flora Margarine
- Pinch of Brown Sugar
- Half an Onion
- Half a Tin of Tinned Tomatos
- Half a Teaspoon of Mustard
- Half A Teaspoon of Dried Basil
- Half a Teaspoon of Paprika
- Half a Teaspoon of Garlic Granules
- One Teaspoon of Olive Oil
- Lacto Free Cheese
- Lacto Free Mozzarella
- Sweet Peppers
- Mixed Herbs
- Black Pepper
- Pile up your flour (on a clean surface) and add your salt and margarine.
- Add 160ml of warm water and sugar and proceed to mix everything together. As your dough begins to harden, kneed and work the mixture until all ingredients are mixed in well.
- Either use a pizza oven tray (fancy pants) or just a well greased oven tray.
- Separate your dough mixture by pulling apart and splitting in two (we’re making just two pizzas remember). Roll them out flat and place on your oven tray.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Now I used my Nutribullet for this part, but you could either skip it for a chunky tomato paste, or use a traditional blender. Add all ingredients together and blend until smooth.
- Spoon on your tomato paste over your base and add your toppings.
- Place in the oven for roughy 7-10 minutes. My kids like their cheese a bit crispier than most (see pics) so we left their in for an extra 2 minutes. Trust me, they look lovely and golden around the 8 minute mark!
- We fancied something a bit plain, but you could try a whole load more. Chicken, Chorizo, Sweetcorn, Olives, Pepperoni, Spicy Beef, Pineapple or extra cheese!
GIF oversharer, Starbucks lover and advocate of the side-eye. Woman of Wakanda and collector of all things materialistically minimal but bold. *Often known to contradict oneself.